I am thankful for all of my amazing clients! I appreciate you all!
I am choosing today to relax and reflect on things, that I am grateful to have in my life today. As we all know this year has been trying for a lot of people. Today is usually the day we can see friends & family that we miss so much and just be in the comfort of family. Due to the coronavirus, there are restrictions to where we can go, how many people we can see, how long we can stay out. It’s easy for the mind to play tricks on you and make you feel worse about the current state of your life. At this point, some of the single people are feeling anxious, I know a few moms feeling depressed, Clearly, the vibe in the current world is weird.
Here are 20 ideas to calm your anxiety during the holidays and the troubling times we are in right now.
- Color! I have loved Winnie the Pooh since I was 14, I have a full binder of Winnie The Pooh color sheets. I printed off free color sheets online, I have them saved in a binder for days when I am feeling off.
- Burn Incense! Sandalwood has a fresh and earthy scent. Whilst burning it, you will begin to feel relax and calmer.
- Aromatherapy Diffuser! I like to start my mid-day by turning on the diffuser, i love eucalyptus oils. i just drop 5 drops in there, it fills my room with such a calm scent.
- Essential oils roll ons. I carry one in my purse, i have one ear my night stand, i put them on my pressure points, behind the ears, the wrist etc.
- Mediate. When i say meditate, i mean having 5 mins to yourself, just sit and breath in and out, envision a forest or waterfalls, anything that is calming!
- Organize your collection! I collect Crystals, i love crystals, i like to reorganize them and make sure they are staying pretty wherever they are. What do you collect? books? notebooks?
- Journal. Write how your feeling? your feelings matter. Journal your highs and lows. Put the date. I like to begin my journal with Dear Universe.
- Write Affirmations. I am Enough. I am amazing. I am beautiful, write about 10 affirmations and say then everyday for 21 days. I started this 4 years ago, it changed my life!
- Social Media fast of 7 days. Meaning stay off instagram, facebook, twitter, the whole point of fasting is to detach our need to feel better by checking other peoples life.
- Find a hobby. My newest hobby or passion is caring for plants. I currently have a money tree, a african violet, a peperomia plant and a neanthe bella! They are my babies i talk to them often:)
- Keep the area you live in Clean, take out the kitchen and bathroom trash daily.
- Live Clutter Free. Clutter affects your energy. When a item serves you no more, sell them, donate them or find a storage piece to hold the items in a organize way.
- Gratitude Journal Buy or find a journal and label it “Gratitude Journal” despite how you are feeling write down everything or anything that you are grateful for. Maybe it’s a new mug or the quarter you found in the car.
- Free-Style Paint. The store Michaels sales small boards that you can paint on, just be creative, Michaels also sells paints, brushes and the painting canvas board. Go to your local michaels or any place that sales painting supplies!
- Sage your place or buy sage spray online, spray it around your home in your car. After you bath, spray it in the air and walk through it, it will make you feel so much better.
- Vision Board Make a vision board and/or notebook, find magazines or newspapers, whatever inspires you, cut it out and glue or tape it to your notebook. Take your notebook with you at all times, look at it when needed.
- Read a book; the power of a book is amazing.Books help remove your current self into a imaginative state. What kind of books do you like to read? nonfiction, fiction, romance, mysteries, memoir, self help?
- Talk to someone. their are emotional support teams willing to listen to you. http://www.contacthelpline.org/emotional-listening-support
- Walk in Nature. Refrain from listening to music, or chatting on the phone. Listen to your footstep, listen to your breathing.
- Sleep 7 to 8 hours. Reading before bedtime helps calm your mind, burning essentials oils in your diffuser helps get your body relaxed. Along with taking a shower before bed also helps, it refreshes you!
Let me know which ideas you decide to try and always know you are not alone. Their are other people feeling like you. So we must take each day one at a time. I hope your enjoying your thanksgiving!
Welcome! Thank You for checking out my blog. First things first, my birth name is Chinamelum, its a Nigerian name. It is Pronounced Chi-Na-Me-Lum and it means ” God has done it for me”. Both of my parents are Nigerian, they migrated to America in the 1980’s. I am first generation Nigerian American. I was born in Texas and grew up in Silver Springs, Maryland. About 4 years ago, I had a life changing experience. I talk about it in my book called ” Mangoes in the Rain’ which is available on amazon and at the Fairfax Public County Libraries, through it all, I am happy, here and doing what I love being Organizing! The name Lavender came along with the journey, I was going through at that moment in my life and the name stayed with me till today. I am owner + Organizer of Lavender Organizes. My profession as a organizer is my dream job. Organizing is like completing a puzzle, its therapeutic and I’m so in my element. I love to share my love and creativity with organizing with people who are in need of my help. I look forward to helping anyone who reaches out to me. I talk about organizing and the benefits of organization here on my blog and I hope you find value with whatever you read and find here.
“In kindergarten, what I looked forward to the most wasn’t recess. It was coloring and art. It gave me a chance to not think about the troubles at home for a while” ~ Mangoes in the Rain
The truth is as a child, coloring was everything, it was my moment of scribbling and letting loose on my paper. It was an accomplishment to go home and show my mother what I drew, my art would make her happy.
I have added a new mug into my home! I love the name on the mug~ Six Feet Please. I do find myself reminding people to step back at the grocery stores or when I go to the post office. Of course my crystals are always nearby. This crystal is called the amazonite heart. Mangoes in the Rain is a book I wrote and published early this january! It’s available on amazon and barnes and noble.
My birthday just passed, it was september 4th, I received this gratitude journal and a Winnie The Pooh, book sleeve. Many times my books get worn out from being in my purse, so this book sleeves will protect my books! I like to write my gratitude daily in my journal. The universe can only give your more, if your grateful for what you currently have. I hope you like my gifts.:) I turned 35 years old! wow!
I happened to be strolling through the library near my hometown and I see the “New Arrivals” book, so I go to check it out. Then I see my book, I kinda froze 😮. I wasn’t expecting that.
So let’s rewind, back in January of 2020 before all the mayhem happened, I submitted my book to be reviewed by the fairfax county board of directors, if my book passed there liking, my book would be available throughout the fairfax county library’s.
So putting all of this info together. I was just curious to see how the book was doing so I asked the librarian if there were other copies at a different locations… She said yes but my book is all booked out at all of the different libraries throughout fairfax county…and there’s holds on them!
Even though I was wearing my face mask, she realized that I was the author. She was literally more happier than I was and she told me I’m her first authors she’s meet in real life lol🤦🏾♀️😊. To the right of this page, I’ve posted some photos of my book at the library, I wanted to share my goodnews with you!
I will talk to everyone soon! Lavender
With my blog name being “Life as a Virgo”. I am dedicating this blog for simply my Life as a Virgo. I felt different growing up within my family, I was overly sensitive, outspoken and confrontational. I always seemed to get into trouble and most of the time, I didn’t understand why I was being punished. Over the years, I have figured out that I am a free spirit, a bit sensitive and blunt, fairly organized but my intentions are pure ♍️ 💜. The little book of self-care of a Virgo is so on point. Allot of what it says about a Virgo is literally portrayed in my book called “Mangoes in the Rain”. I love my Selenite Heart it’s 1.5Ibs. I love the cleansing energy it brings into my space. I write with selective crystals such as a Amazonite Heart, next to me, I like to read with crystals next to me. I am a huge collector of crystals!