I am choosing today to relax and reflect on things, that I am grateful to have in my life today. As we all know this year has been trying for a lot of people. Today is usually the day we can see friends & family that we miss so much and just be in the comfort of family. Due to the coronavirus, there are restrictions to where we can go, how many people we can see, how long we can stay out. It’s easy for the mind to play tricks on you and make you feel worse about the current state of your life. At this point, some of the single people are feeling anxious, I know a few moms feeling depressed, Clearly, the vibe in the current world is weird.
Here are 20 ideas to calm your anxiety during the holidays and the troubling times we are in right now.
- Color! I have loved Winnie the Pooh since I was 14, I have a full binder of Winnie The Pooh color sheets. I printed off free color sheets online, I have them saved in a binder for days when I am feeling off.
- Burn Incense! Sandalwood has a fresh and earthy scent. Whilst burning it, you will begin to feel relax and calmer.
- Aromatherapy Diffuser! I like to start my mid-day by turning on the diffuser, i love eucalyptus oils. i just drop 5 drops in there, it fills my room with such a calm scent.
- Essential oils roll ons. I carry one in my purse, i have one ear my night stand, i put them on my pressure points, behind the ears, the wrist etc.
- Mediate. When i say meditate, i mean having 5 mins to yourself, just sit and breath in and out, envision a forest or waterfalls, anything that is calming!
- Organize your collection! I collect Crystals, i love crystals, i like to reorganize them and make sure they are staying pretty wherever they are. What do you collect? books? notebooks?
- Journal. Write how your feeling? your feelings matter. Journal your highs and lows. Put the date. I like to begin my journal with Dear Universe.
- Write Affirmations. I am Enough. I am amazing. I am beautiful, write about 10 affirmations and say then everyday for 21 days. I started this 4 years ago, it changed my life!
- Social Media fast of 7 days. Meaning stay off instagram, facebook, twitter, the whole point of fasting is to detach our need to feel better by checking other peoples life.
- Find a hobby. My newest hobby or passion is caring for plants. I currently have a money tree, a african violet, a peperomia plant and a neanthe bella! They are my babies i talk to them often:)
- Keep the area you live in Clean, take out the kitchen and bathroom trash daily.
- Live Clutter Free. Clutter affects your energy. When a item serves you no more, sell them, donate them or find a storage piece to hold the items in a organize way.
- Gratitude Journal Buy or find a journal and label it “Gratitude Journal” despite how you are feeling write down everything or anything that you are grateful for. Maybe it’s a new mug or the quarter you found in the car.
- Free-Style Paint. The store Michaels sales small boards that you can paint on, just be creative, Michaels also sells paints, brushes and the painting canvas board. Go to your local michaels or any place that sales painting supplies!
- Sage your place or buy sage spray online, spray it around your home in your car. After you bath, spray it in the air and walk through it, it will make you feel so much better.
- Vision Board Make a vision board and/or notebook, find magazines or newspapers, whatever inspires you, cut it out and glue or tape it to your notebook. Take your notebook with you at all times, look at it when needed.
- Read a book; the power of a book is amazing.Books help remove your current self into a imaginative state. What kind of books do you like to read? nonfiction, fiction, romance, mysteries, memoir, self help?
- Talk to someone. their are emotional support teams willing to listen to you. http://www.contacthelpline.org/emotional-listening-support
- Walk in Nature. Refrain from listening to music, or chatting on the phone. Listen to your footstep, listen to your breathing.
- Sleep 7 to 8 hours. Reading before bedtime helps calm your mind, burning essentials oils in your diffuser helps get your body relaxed. Along with taking a shower before bed also helps, it refreshes you!
Let me know which ideas you decide to try and always know you are not alone. Their are other people feeling like you. So we must take each day one at a time. I hope your enjoying your thanksgiving!